Gardner Sherrill MBA, CFP®
Welcome! I have spent over 25 years helping families live off and enhance their wealth throughout retirement. Much of my early experience was spent as a Wealth Manager at some of the largest firms in the Nation. Following in my father’s footsteps, I began my career at SunTrust Bank in Atlanta. When I moved to Florida in 2000 to be near my wife’s family, I worked at Merrill Lynch and then shortly thereafter was a Wealth Manager for Northern Trust. Ultimately, I realized I wanted a practice where I could focus solely on the needs of my clients rather than on the needs of a large corporation.
In 2012, I launched Sherrill Wealth Management (SWM) so I could work with my clients on the same side of the table to achieve what is important and beneficial to them. In addition, I chose to intentionally limit the number of clients I serve to give each client the attention they need and deserve. It is a privilege to truly know each one of my clients, hear their unique stories and help them fulfill the lifestyle they want throughout their Golden years.
I am an active father of two boys who are now each in college (thankfully they went to the same college, so it makes visiting a little easier). My wife of 27 years, Dannie, and I are enjoying the next phase of life as “empty nesters” but look forward to visits with our boys every chance we get. My ideal vacation is spending time hiking the mountains of North Carolina. On the weekends you can find me perfecting my tennis swing or hunting down the next best tuna taco.
I hold the CFP designation and earned my MBA from the University of Denver and my B.S. from Rollins College.
- State College of Florida Foundation, current Investment Committee
- Estate Planning Council of Manatee County, current Vice President
- Manatee Community Foundation, Corporate Ambassador
- New College Foundation, Past Trustee
- Florida Financial Alliance, Past President
- Anna Maria Island Community Center, Past Planned Giving President
- Saint Stephen’s Episcopal School, Past Planned Giving President
- Ringling Museum of Art, Past Development Committee Member
- American Red Cross, Past Capital Campaign Chair
- Pace Center for Girls, Past Trustee
- Leadership Gulf Coast, class of 2011
- Leadership Manatee, class of 2002